Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mei Lin Box of Drawers

Since we are taking some time off from new releases until after the holidays, I thought I'd share some projects I've been working on using past release images. I seriously can't believe that we've had 4 release already! I can't believe we have 13 stamps!

OK back to the project. You remember that Mama made this awesome box-of-drawers right? Well, I loved it a lot and had try it out myself. I decided to use Mei Lin since I haven't inked her up in awhile. Her pinwheel makes me so happy.


And here's the box when its opened. This project makes me think of those japanese lacquer boxes, so I did my best to replicate one by using my favorite gold cardstock and a black base. Do you like mini gold dew drops I added for the drawer pulls? I think it helps to complete the look.


If you click on the link above, it will take you to Mama's post, who then takes you to Shirley's post (Hi Shirley), who then takes you to the originator of the instructions I used. I ended up modifying it a bit so that the boxes fit better in the box, but otherwise its the same. I originally saw this type of box at Photocraft on Oahu. Their version is made using chipboard, so it would be much sturdier than this one. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    Mei Lin looks lovely, you do great coloring of her. And the box is such a cool idea to put her on. TFS
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete