Monday, January 28, 2013

Who You Calling A Monkey?

Aahhhhh, our last image... The monkey image is part of the Chinese Zodiac set and one of my faves.  I think it's because Akemi is year of the monkey!  I couldn't resist making a layout with her acting like a monkey.

I don't even know how long ago this picture was taken... I'm thinking she was about 1 1/2 years old?  Don't worry, your eyes are not playing tricks on you.. the picture itself is blurry.  I don't think you can tell, but I distressed the edges of the photo and mat behind it.  Being that it was supposed to be a silly layout, I made the picture crooked.  


 The monkey was the perfect accent to the layout since she looks like she's monkey-ing around!


Just needed a title, so I went through my stash and found some Making Memories black glitter alphas and some of my new Simple Stories red alpha stickers. I like the look of mixing fonts.. especially in this layout!


I also wanted to make a boy birthday card using the monkey, but I ran out of time...  Hopefully someone else will try this idea and share it with us on our facebook page!

So I'm sure you want to know how you can win this little guy...

1.  Leave a comment on THIS POST by 01/28/13 11:59pm HST
2.  Tell me what other ways you would use this monkey in your projects? I can't wait to hear!

And don't forget to check back tomorrow... we reveal who our guest designer is along with sharing projects using these images with you! See ya soon!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, the monkey is a real cutie! I'm sure that I'll have a lot of uses for the monkey - birthday cards for kids and kids at heart, things with a monkey business theme, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sunny Sue, along with other obvious ones like tropical themes, "Bananas for you," etc but for some reason I'm also thinking of Abu, the monkey from Aladdin. I need to find a cute lamp stamps :) Or put him in a fez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wil definitely get this cute little guy. My mom is the year of the monkey.
    My 2 boys act like silly monkeys a lot so layouts can be created using this. It will also be good for jungle themes for babies/kids and the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see monkeys, it always makes me think of little kids "monkeying" around. I could see using this monkey to make cute cards with sayings like "let's hang out" or a baby card with "welcome little monkey" (going with a cute baby outfit with monkeys on it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute, cute LO!

    Monkey see, Monkey do would be a fun title/sentiment.

    ReplyDelete