Sunday, March 31, 2013

Boy's Day Tags

Welcome back to our release week!  So did you guess that our Guest Designer was Vera Yates!?  How cool is that?  Don't forget to check out another project by Vera by checking out her blog here...

And don't forget the rest of our friends who have been working hard to create projects for this release!  Please visit Eunice, Patti, Laura, and Linda for more inspiration on our Chinese Zodiac series and of course Debi who will feature another boy project.  I'm continuously floored by what everyone comes up with!

On to my project for today... I decided to go back to my distress roots since distress inks makes me think of boys for some reason.  I forgot how fun it was playing with the inks that I decided to make this my project for the retailers.    Here's a few that I came up with using Akira...



Sorry, I think my photo skills are off... or is it my eyes?!  These are kinda blurry....

After distressing all the tags, I stamped Akira on the tag. I didn't think I could successfully cut out that kite string, so I thought this would be easier and less frustrating. Then I stamped him again on my copic paper and colored and cut just him and the kite out. Using the stamped image of Akira on the tag as a guide, I adhered him and the kite to the tag over it.  Then I added the Happy Boy's Day sentiment by Mari & Me stamps.





Before adhering Akira to the next tag, I used a Hero Arts background stamp to give it some interest and texture.  I really like the colors on this one..



And on this tag, I used a Tim Holtz stamp by Stampers Anonymous for the background.



Can't believe tomorrow is release day!  Wow, that sure was fast!  Be sure to check back soon to see if you've won our blog candy!



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh....you always do such an amazing job with your distressing technique. I really love how these Akira tags turned out. The colors on all three are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these tags are so cute what doid you color the back ground with Thank you so much....

    MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete