Thursday, May 30, 2013

Aurora Centerpiece

Welcome back!  Did you check out our guest designer yesterday?  We are so happy to have Mimi join us this time around- Thanks Mimi!  Can't wait to see what else she has in store!!

Today we also have our Chinese Zodiac gang showcasing our two new additions to the group- the rat and the boar.  I'm sure you'll be inspired by their projects!  Here's the links to their creations:



So I've been extremely busy.  In fact, that doesn't even begin to describe how busy I am!!!  But I'm hanging in there.  Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to release these maid's at the end of May when school gets out.    Nevertheless... I managed to crank out some projects to share with you.  It's amazing what you can get done if you set your mind to it.  (Now I'm channeling Marty McFly from Back to the Future)...

So in an effort to kill two birds with one stone, I decided to try to make a centerpiece for my daughter's upcoming birthday party.  Poor girl's birthday is in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the end of the school year, that we typically have her party a month or even two month's later.  

This year, we are having a pool party, so I thought it would be neat to include our mermaids in the festivities.  One suggestion from my smart husband was to make a centerpiece.  OK, more short cut confessions.... you can find these star sprays pre-made at your local craft store. All I did was bend down one of the wires and taped Aurora to it!!! Then I did the same using the Happy Birthday sentiment by Island Scrapbooking and VOILA!  Instant centerpiece!  I actually think I lucked out since it's also graduation season, so there's a lot of this kind of stuff available.   Here's the full view...



Here's a close look at Aurora...  I like how she really stands out since she's so bright against the silver spray.


That's all I have today... don't forget to check out Mimi's blog, and Debi's blog for more mermaid madness!  And don't forget we also have the Chinese Zodiac gang showcasing our newest additions to the series..  Catch you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Fun idea Jenny! Will have to remember this one when I need a centerpiece. I always do florals, but this would be good because it can be done way in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea for a centerpiece! & a lovely theme for a summer birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe what a Fun centerpiece!!! These mermaids go great on Anything!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!!!!Love the bright fun colors and on the blingy silver spray. Sure to be a hit at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally cute!! i'll have to remember this one too. oh, love her hair!!
    happy birthday to akemi!! pool party sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!
    :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, what a fabulous idea!!! Love the centerpiece!!! Awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete