Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hideo Ichigo Daifuku

Woo Hoo!  It is time to gather the DT and find out what everyone's been up to!  But before you make your rounds.. don't you want to know who our Guest Designer is for this release?!  I know you do, but you'll have to check out her blog here for the big reveal...

Don't forget to visit our DT members to see what projects they worked on for this release:


If you live in Hilo, odds are you've heard about Two Ladies Kitchen.  It's a small business dedicated to making all different types of yummy mochi.  I think (but don't quote me on this) that they are the ones that started the Ichigo Daifuku craze.  Ichigo (strawberry) Daifuku (mochi) is a very popular treat.  It also contains an or red bean paste.  Two Ladies also makes other funky mochi like grape, candy bar, and brownie mochi.  Yum!

To get me in the mood to color up these mochi images, I bought some strawberry mochi to help inspire me.  Here's what I came up with...



I colored up Hideo and paper pieced his kimono using washi paper.  The flourish you see behind him is a Memory Box die that I added for interest over a large scallop circle.  I adhered the circle to a BBQ skewer thinking I could use it as a dessert pick.  You know.. like the ones they stick in cupcakes?  Why not mochi?

Here's a closer look at Hideo.


So if you ever get the chance, please check out Two Ladies Kitchen to pick up your Strawberry Mochi or maybe be adventurous and get my favorite- Brownie mochi! :)

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for another mochi-licious post!

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful idea! I never think of decorating food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! What an awesome idea!! That gold embellishment goes perfectly with your stamp. Can't wait to check out everyone's projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so good! my youngest just asked for mochi this morning! maybe gotta go get some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow strawberry mochi is special alone but with your cute Hedeo it becomes super outstanding !! I love it - tried making my own strawberry mochi , but it was a bust. My strawberries were too big made the mochi look like manapua instead of strawberry mochi. Tasted good though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mochi is always lots of fun and ono to eat. Having a dessert pick as cute as the one that you made would make the mochi even more fun to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TLK mochi on the brain! Yup we thought the same thing and like the same brownie one! Cute Hideo paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete