Monday, April 14, 2014

Congrats Grad!

Gosh.. are we really at the last pre-release post?  Just want to thank all the DT for again creating some awesome projects using our new images and a special thanks to Judybakes!!  Thanks Judy!  Please check out her blog here to see what she's done with our images.  And don't forget to check out her You Tube Channel for more inspiration. 

And don't forget to stop by our DT's blogs to give them some love:


Today's card really embraces pop culture.  When I graduated high school, there were no such things as pagers, cell phones, ipads or the like.  When I graduated college, we all had pagers but only a handful of us had cell phones.  And cell phones were HUGE back then! LOL!  So now, everyone, even our grandparents have cell phones.  It has become a staple in my purse and at my side pretty much all the time.  I think I'm on my pone, ipad, or computer for most of the day.  We even gave up our cable and land line because now we only really need our phone and a high speed internet connection!

So when I saw this iphone stamp set by Hero Arts, I had to get it.  I'm sure one day my daughter will look at this post and think.. OMG that is so old school!  LOL!  But for now, this is pretty much how I deal with daily life.  So I thought it only fitting to incorporate the cell phone into my project!

I can imagine nowadays that at a graduation, everyone will be taking photos or video using their phones and uploading it to instagram, facebook, youtube, or whatever their favorite social media is.  I'm totally guilty of that!


I love how the Hero Arts set comes with the matching little word bubbles so it looks like you are texting someone.  I chose the one that says "you rock".  The Congrats stamp is by my new favorite sentiment set(s) by Walter and Winnie. The background paper is from the new Doodlebug Designs line and the enamel dots are by My Mind's Eye.  That was the first time I used the enamel dots.. I think it worked well with this layout.




Hope you enjoyed the previews for this release!  Don't forget to enter to win our blog candy before midnight tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Way cool. Love the stamp and coloring of course and that little phone is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pure genius!! Awesome idea Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Such an awesome stamp release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome idea! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete