Sunday, August 31, 2014

Time to Celebrate!

 Hi Everyone!  Hope you are having a nice long holiday weekend!  I'm so glad to have a three day weekened... I really need some rest!  While I go take a nap, you can check out my samples below and see what our DT has been up to.  Speaking of DT.. did you figure out who our Guest Designer is?  Yup!  If you are on YouTube, you probably have come across Ohaijoy!  She has the cutest screen name ever.... O-Hi!-Joy!  So cute yah?  It totally matches her personality too.  We met on YouTube because I loved watching her drawing videos and Aloha Friday chat series.   She is originally from Hawaii but now lives on the mainland.  It's really funny how we can meet and become friends just through social media!  We probably would have never met if she'd never posted videos even though we are both from Hawaii.

So.. go check out her channel here to see what she's done with our images.  Oh and by the way.. she is the panda queen.. that's why I think I was drawn to her too as I love pandas!  Always have... since I was a kid.  She is also a geek and loves Star Wars (esp. R2D2) and if you know my family, you'll know that my husband is Mr. Star Wars, so we have a lot in common.  You'll love her channel as much as I do..

And not to forget about the rest of the DT... We have such a great bunch of creative ladies!  I can't wait to see what they did with our pandas...

Eva
Debi
Linda
Linda's You Tube


And now for my project(s)!  If you've been following me from the beginning, you'll know that I usually create samples for the retailers that order from me. This time I really wanted to incorporate some pocket scrapbooking cards I found by Snap! Although they are met for scrapbooking, I thought the birthday set had some great sentiments that you could use on a card!


Wanted to keep things relatively simple, so didn't add much layers to the cards.  Created my own background on some by using my new Prima Bloom Sprays (which I've been waiting to get my hands on).  For fun, I decided to play with some sequins I bought too.  It's a great way to add fun without too much bulk.



After I ran out of the sprayed backgrounds, I decided to use some scraps.  Since this card could stand against a busy background (by Doodlebug), I thought it was a great combo!  Added in some enamel dots since that seemed to match the card better than the sequins.


And I managed to find a light teal colored card, so I combined it with the pastel colored Doodlebug paper for a fun girly card.


Just wanted to share some simple, easy to do cards that don't take a lot of time to make.  I cranked all of these out in one night.

So don't forget to check out all the girls and enter to win our blog candy if you haven't entered yet!  Happy Labor Day!

8 comments:

  1. What a great bunch of cards! Those happy pandas are just the right characters for birthday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute! That's a lot of of projects for one sitting! Great job on making a bunch of happy and adorable cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all awesome Jenny! I will need to go look for these cards. They definitely make it easy for a super quick card. Adding the cute pandas to each just adds that fun touch. Love em' all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are so cute!! Love those pandas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so cute! My son was watching Joy's video earlier today with me and he said, "Po looks like he's shaking his booty!" Hahaha I love how playful both pandas are. They're just too freakin' adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea on using those pocket cards - can't seem to use 'em all. Love this release!

    ReplyDelete